- INCI name: TRIPEPTIDE-1
- Also known as GHK and Kollaren
- Popular three amino acid peptide that is a type 1 collagen fragment
- When added to skincare formulations collagen production is stimulated
- Also found in the famous Matrixyl 3000 and Copper-Tripeptide-1 which both benefit the appearance of the skin
- Another benefit is boosting tissue repair to heal acne scars for those who have blemish-prone skin
Who can use it?
Anyone who checks with a trained professional to ensure this ingredient is safe to use for their specific skin type.
What is Tripeptide-1?
Found in famous Matrixyl 3000 and Copper-Tripeptide-1 matrix, this ingredient can deliver highly impressive skin results. It is able to repair the tissue damage that creates a breakdown in collagen production which occurs due to ageing and also for those who have a more acne-prone skin type. This damage can usually look like uneven skin texture with acne scarring as well as fine lines and wrinkles combined with skin beginning to sag. This is often a result in the face being exposed to several factors such as genetics, hormonal changes, pollution, UV rays and other environmental skin stresses. The tripeptide-1 is able to deliver results when used singularly as well as teamed in matrix or other skincare formulations.
Side effects of Tripeptide-1
None if the skin is happy for you to include this ingredient in your daily skincare routine.
Scientific evidence of Tripeptide-1
- Gorouhi, F., and H. I. Maibach. "Role of topical peptides in preventing or treating aged skin." International journal of cosmetic science 31.5 (2009): 327-345.
- Maquart, François-Xavier, et al. "An introduction to matrikines: extracellular matrix-derived peptides which regulate cell activity: Implication in tumor invasion." Critical reviews in oncology/hematology 49.3 (2004): 199-202.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.