- CAS #: 84649-99-0 / 8002-31-1 | EC #: 283-480-6 / -
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: THEOBROMA CACAO SEED BUTTER
- Comedogenic potential (pc): 4
- Also known as Cocoa Seed Butter
- Effective at preserving skin’s moisture balance by restoring the lipidic layer of the skin
- Great source of polyphenol antioxidants to help protect against free radical damage
- Helps improve the appearance of cellulite and firms the skin
- Is a form of superfood packed with nutrients and antioxidants to help feed the skin and make it healthy
Who can use it?
Those with particularly dry skin will benefit the most from using this ingredient. For those prone to oily and blemish skin should avoid using it as it can be too thick for the skin and cause breakouts.
What is Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter?
Yep, you’re right, its chocolate, but not only does it form your favourite treats you will find this superfood is enriched in properties that can replenish and nourish the skin. It is able to restore the lipidic layer of the skin resulting in the barrier to be fully functioning and able to protect itself from exposure to free radical damage. It can also keep moisture in the skin to relief signs of dryness whilst helping to keep the skin looking and feeling firm.
Side effects of Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter?
No known side effects, unless you have an oily skin as it can cause spots and blackheads.
Scientific evidence of Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter?
- International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Oct 1, 2008, Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring