CAS #: 183476-82-6; 1445760-15-5
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Tetrakis(2-Hexyldecyl) Ascorbate
- Also known as a form of vitamin C, Ascorbyl Isotetrapalmitate and ATIP
- Oil-soluble and stable form of vitamin C
- Is a penetrating enhancing ingredient making it quite desirable to formulated into skincare products
- Is an antioxidant and protect the skin from free radical damage
- Helps to increase the collagen synthesis giving you a younger looking complexion
Who can use it?
Any skin type that doesn’t have any known allergy to this or any other vitamin C derivatives.
What is Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate?
Praised for being a stable form of vitamin C that is oil-soluble meaning it is able to penetrate further down the layers of the skin into the dermis. It is able to combat any skin damage caused by free radicals and other skin stresses whilst stimulating the collagen production resulting in an all-over younger complexion with fine lines and wrinkles visibly reduced. You may also find that any discolouration of the skin, such as pigmentation and dark spots will begin to reduce in appearance when ATIP is consistently applied. These benefits are all very promising and highly effective for the skin, but a lot of research needs to carried out to ensure this ingredient is the best addition in a product formula.
Side effects of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
Only downside is full list of benefits of this vitamin C derivative is not known due to the continued studies on its effects on the skin.
Scientific evidence of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
- Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Volume 11 (4) – Dec 1, 2012, Stability, transdermal penetration, and cutaneous effects of ascorbic acid and its derivatives
- Dermatologic Surgery, Mar 1, 2002, Double‐Blind, Half‐Face Study Comparing Topical Vitamin C and Vehicle for Rejuvenation of Photodamage
- Barnet Products Corp, Stable forms of Vitamin C, Technical Bulletin, 2001
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.