- CAS #: 57-50-1 | EC #: 200-334-9
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Sucrose
- Natural form of sugar used in hair and skincare products
- Contains hygroscopic properties meaning it is able to attract and retain moisture
- Acts like a natural exfoliant restoring the skin and combating blemishes
- Known for being able to remove easily from the skin
Who can use it?
Anyone who has not got an overly sensitive skin type that is prone to becoming irritated easily.
What is Sucrose?
Sucrose, much like glucose and fructose are natural sugars with some levels of glycolic acid in the sugar this ingredient not only exfoliates the skin of dead skin cell build-up, but also restores balance to the skin oils. It is also able to moisturise the skin with the help of the humectant traits found in the ingredient to help lock hydration into the skin surface. You will also find this ingredient can protect the skin from free radical damage that come into contact with the face via pollutants and toxins. Regularly formulated into products, such as cleansers and face washes as it can be removed from the skin extremely easily without leaving behind any greasy or sticky residue.
Side effects of Sucrose
None, however those with sensitive skin should double check with a doctor to avoid irritation or flare-up.