- INCI name: SNAIL SECRETION FILTRATE
- Also known as Snail Slime and Snail Mucin
- Widely popular in Asian countries and K-beauty trend
- Secretion contains a huge host of skin benefitting ingredients
- Snail mucin has been used for many years to treat radiation dermatitis
- As well as helping hydrate and nourish the skin, snail secretion can also improvement of fine lines
Who can use it?
Anyone who doesn’t mind the idea of snail secretion on their skin
What is Snail Secretion Filtrate?
Not to be fooled with the silvery slime snails use to move around smoothly, snail secretion is created when the snail is stressed and provides an abundant array of ingredients that can treat and benefit the skin. such as hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein enzymes, copper peptides and traces of zinc and iron. In other words, snail slime is pretty amazing for your skin! With antioxidant properties any skin wounds are able to heal quickly and the skin becoming firmer thanks to the increase in collagen production which is helped a lot by snail secretion filtrate. You will also find that with continuous use for over 14 years there is a huge improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Side effects of Snail Secretion Filtrate
No known side effects from using snail secretion filtrate.
Scientific evidence of Snail Secretion Filtrate
- Brieva, A., et al. "Molecular basis for the regenerative properties of a secretion of the mollusk Cryptomphalus aspersa." Skin pharmacology and physiology 21.1 (2007): 15-22.
- Iglesias‐de la Cruz, M. C., et al. "A secretion of the mollusc Cryptomphalus aspersa promotes proliferation, migration and survival of keratinocytes and dermal fibroblasts in vitro." International journal of cosmetic science 34.2 (2012): 183-189.
- Fabi, Sabrina Guillen, et al. "The effects of filtrate of the secretion of the Cryptomphalus aspersa on photoaged skin." Journal of drugs in dermatology: JDD 12.4 (2013): 453-457.
- Ledo, E., and A. Ledo. "Treatment of acute radiodermatitis with Cryptomphalus Aspersa Secretion." Radioproteccion (Madrid) 23.VII (1999): 34-38.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.