- CAS #: 100843-69-4
- INCI name: SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE
- Boosts the skin’s natural moisture levels leaving it feeling dewy and glowing
- Can hydrate instantly and have the results last up to 72 hours
- Will repair any damage caused to the skin’s barrier and protect it from further free radical damage caused by pollution, UV rays and weather.
- Helps relieve the skin from any itchiness, flaking or dryness
Who can use it?
Anyone who has performed a patch test ensuring their skin is happy to have saccharide isomerate applied to it.
What is Saccharide Isomerate?
Saccharide isomerate is a naturally derived plant extract that contains a huge amount of hydrating properties that can boost the skin moisture levels instantly. It can help support the skin’s natural protective barrier enabling it to protect itself from further damage that come into contact with your skin throughout the day. It will keep the skin hydrated and any signs of irritation or itchiness are reduced, what makes this ingredient so unique is the fact that unlike, Hyaluronic acid, saccharide isomerate can’t be washed off the skin, but instead works overtime hydrating the skin for up to 72 hours.
Side effects of Saccharide Isomerate
No side effects known when applying saccharide isomerate to the skin, however if you’re prone to sensitivity you may want to before a patch test for 24 hours before applying it all over the skin.
Scientific evidence of Saccharide Isomerate
- Smith, W. "Reduction of AHA irritation potential by inclusion of a saccharide isomerate." SÖFW. Seifen, Öle, Fette, Wachse 121.14 (1995): 1013-1017.