- Contains very high levels of antioxidant properties which protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and other skin stresses
- Known for being one of the most expensive essential oils
- Can not only provide skin benefits, but offers relieve from headaches, stress and depression
- Contains antimicrobial properties making it very effective at combating bacteria
Who can use it?
All skin types can use this ingredient, however, those with sensitive skin should avoid any products containing it.
What is Rosa Damascena Flower Oil?
You are most likely to find rosa damascene flower oil in formulations in fragrances and perfumes due to the fact it is so adored by almost everyone. The oil content of rose petals is extremely low making the distilling process a very long and time consuming, this is turn results in the essential oil being one of the most expensive available on the market. When it isn’t used in popular perfumes you will find rose oil to contain over 90 compounds, including skin favourites such as vitamin C, flavonoids and quercentin meaning this ingredient not only provides antioxidant benefits, but also contains antimicrobial properties helping to keep the protective barrier and skin flora healthy.
Side effects Rose Damascena Flower Oil
Rosa damascene flower oil is highly irritating for sensitive skin types.
- Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2011 Jul-Aug; 14(4): 295–307., Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena