- CAS #: 68650-44-2 / 72869-69-3 | EC #: 272-046-1 / -
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL
- Comedogenic potential (pc): 2
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Apriot Kernel Oil
- Rich emollient plant oil extracted from apricots
- Contains high levels of antioxidants and fatty acids
- Used in a lot of products formulated specifically for dry skin types
- Has quick absorption into the skin
Who can use it?
Every skin type can benefit from this oil due to its multitude of uses within beauty products.
What is Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil?
Extracted from the popular and tasty apricot fruit, prunus armeniaca kernel oil is most commonly known as a carrier oil that can moisturise dry, sensitive skin by smoothing out the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of skin ageing. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, any concerns with chapped, dry skin, blemishes or areas of flaking skin this oil provides rapid healing by absorbing into the skin quickly without leaving behind any greasy residue. Packed with such potent levels of vitamins and minerals prunus armeniaca kernel oil not only locked moisture into the skin, but can in fact combat any blemishes and reducing any inflammation that is connected with breakouts. The oil can mimic the natural sebum in the skin and so treats blemish prone skin with a gentle approach that does not cause imbalance to the sebum production in the skin’s outer layers.
Side effects of Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil
No know major side effects found when using this oil in your daily routine, if you have any concerns we suggest consulting a dermatologist and performing a patch test on the inside of your forearm before applying it to the skin.