- CAS #: 114040-31-2 --- 113170-55-1
- INCI name: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- Known as the most stable compound of vitamin C
- Boosts the production of collagen giving the skin a youthful glow
- Contains antioxidant properties allowing it to repair any damage to the skin and protect it from further free radical harm
- Can lighten any signs of hyperpigmentation as a result of acne scarring or melasma
Who can use it?
Combination to oily skin types will work well with this compound, but those of you who have a more sensitive and dry skin type may find it to be slightly irritating and should perform a patch test on the inside of their forearm before applying it onto the face.
What is Magnesium Ascorbyl Phonsphante
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phonsphante (MAP) is a well-loved and used form of vitamin C (aka ascorbic acid) and is frequently blended into skincare formulations due to the fact it is one of the only stable compounds derived from vitamin C, which you may know, is notoriously unstable and often proved too difficult to add into products. This is why MAP is great for cosmetics as not only is it able to remain stable with a pH level of 7, but can absorb quickly into the skin and stimulate the production of collagen in the lower layers of the skin as effectively as ascorbic acid. This derivative carries with it large amounts of similarities to ascorbic acid you will find the complexion becomes brighter, with signs of pigmentation reduced and a youthful glow is restored.
Side effects of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phonsphante
As much as MAP can mimic ascorbic acid there are many studies show that MAP cannot deliver the full skin results as vitamin C and little is known about the full success of it penetrating into the skin. Apart from this, the main side effects that are sometimes experienced are dryness, itching and redness, if any of these should occur you must discontinue using the product immediately.
- Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Volume 11 (4) – Dec 1, 2012, Stability, transdermal penetration, and cutaneous effects of ascorbic acid and its derivatives
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.