- CAS #: 18449-41-7
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Urs-12-En-28-Oic Acid, 2,3,6,23-Tetrahydroxy-, (2Alpha,3Beta,4Alpha,6Beta)-
- INCI name: MADECASSIC ACID
- One of the biologically active components of Tiger Grass
- Known to provide skin regenerating properties
- Helps surface wounds to heal quicker
- Provides impressive skin moisturising properties and reduces any inflammation
Who can use it?
Anyone who doesn’t show any signs of an allergic reaction to the particular ingredient.
What is Madecassic Acid?
You will find Madecassic Acid is one of the main biological active components in the popular skin ingredient, Centella Asiatica, also known as Tiger Grass. Known to contain a vast amount of skin benefiting properties, such as antioxidant traits which result in the skin being protected from all environmental aggressors that you come into contact with throughout the day and has skin damage from free radicals, such as pollution, UV exposure and central heating. Free radical damage can often result in the skin looking dull, with signs of hyperpigmentation and showing some premature ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles. You will also find that Madecassic Acid can help soothe the skin, meaning any signs of inflammation, redness, dryness or other skin conditions such as acne, rosacea and sensitivity are all treated and reduced with the help of the anti-irritation traits this skin ingredient contains.
Side effects of Madecassic Acid
No known side effects, however it is advisable to perform a patch test for 24 hours before applying anything on the skin to avoid skin irritation.
Scientific evidence of Madecassic Acid
- Maquart, F. X., et al. "Triterpenes from Centella asiatica stimulate extracellular matrix accumulation in rat experimental wounds." European journal of dermatology: EJD 9.4 (1999): 289-296.
- Bonte, F., et al. "Influence of asiatic acid, madecassic acid, and asiaticoside on human collagen I synthesis." Planta medica 60.02 (1994): 133-135
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.