- CAS #: 128497-20-1 / 129811-19-4 | EC #: - / -
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Macadamia Oil
- Derived from the Macadamia nut that is native to Australia
- Contains high levels of fatty acids, oleic acid and linoleic acid
- Effective emollient for those prone to dryness of the skin
- Easily absorbed into the skin leaving it soft and supple
Who can use it?
Those with an oily and more acne-prone skin type should avoid using Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil.
What is Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil?
This yellow oil found in the Macadamia nut is a plant oil that is rich in nourishing and skin restoring properties. Containing potent levels of vitamin E and fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid it is highly hydrating and soothing to those prone to severe dryness with certain conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is able to absorb quickly into the skin without feeling greasy but instead mimics the skin’s natural oil in the skin helping you maintain a healthy all over glow. With the large amounts of beneficial oil in the skin you’ll find the protective skin barrier is able to function correctly to deliver optimal results to the skin. It does this by enabling the skin to protective itself from daily aggressors it comes into contact with.
Side effects of Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil
No side effects, however those suffering from acne and breakouts should avoid using this ingredient in their routine.