- CAS #: 223749-79-9
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: LONICERA JAPONICA FLOWER EXTRACT
- Also known as Japanese Honeysuckle Flower Extract
- Has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years
- Contains a multitude of skin benefits, such as anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
- Often takes the role of being a natural preservative in skincare products
- Mainly used as a skin-soothing agent in skincare products
Who can use it?
Anyone who has performed a patch test for 24 hours before applying it directly to the skin to prevent skin irritation.
What is Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract?
Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract is a white-flowered honeysuckle that after years of being used in Chinese medicine is found in a number of skincare products. This is mainly due to the 140 compounds of skin benefits making this ingredient a potent complex containing anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hepatoprotective properties to name a few. Once applied to the skin you will find the complexion is soothed and calmed thanks to the chlorogenic acid found in the ingredient. Another skin benefit of lonicera japonica flower extract is the fact it is a natural preservative making it an alternative to a paraben and giving the formula of any skincare product a longer life span.
Side effects of Lonicera Japonica Extract
No major side effects, but if you have any concerns you can seek the advice of a medical professional or dermatologist.
Scientific evidence of Lonicera Japonica Extract
- Shang, Xiaofei, et al. "Lonicera japonica Thunb.: ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry and pharmacology of an important traditional Chinese medicine." Journal of ethnopharmacology 138.1 (2011): 1-21.
- Xu, Yibing, Bryant G. Oliverson, and Daniel L. Simmons. "Trifunctional inhibition of COX-2 by extracts of Lonicera japonica: direct inhibition, transcriptional and post-transcriptional down regulation." Journal of ethnopharmacology 111.3 (2007): 667-670.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.