- CAS #: 153065-40-8 | EC #: 310-127-6
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Meadowfoam Oil
- Extracted from a plant called Meadowfoam
- Contains a unique blend of fatty acids
- Enriched in antioxidant properties to combat free radical damage
- Known for being very stable and is able to be added easily to formulations
Who can use it?
All skin types are able to use Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, but those who are more normal to dry with benefit the most.
What is Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil?
This plant oil is a popular emollient that can help improve the appearance of the skin leaving it softer, smoother with a silky finish. It has a non-greasy texture with the ability to absorb into the skin in a rapid amount of time, this may have something to do with the fact it has a unique blend of fatty acids. This long chain of important acids making this ingredient very stable with the ability to be formulated into almost all skincare formulas whilst also bringing an extra antioxidant benefit to the skin making it able to combat free radical damage.
Side effects of Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil
No major side effects known when using Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, if you have any concerns it is advisable to consult a dermatologist.
Scientific evidence of Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil
- Nasir, Mohammad Atharand Syed Mahmood. "Taxonomic perspective of plant species yielding vegetable oils used in cosmetics and skin care products." African journal of biotechnology 4.1 (2005): 36.