- INCI name: LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT
- Probiotic ingredient containing a wealth of skincare benefits
- Protects the skin from environmental aggressors
- Can help treat rosacea and acne by improving the skin by 5%
- Can also serve as a natural preservative when formulated into skincare products
Who can use it?
Every skin type can benefit from this ingredient, but you are prone to sensitivity or skin prone to allergic flare-ups double check with a doctor before applying it on the skin.
What is Lactobacillus Ferment?
The main benefit of this probiotic ingredient is how powerful it is at killing harmful bacteria and restoring balance to the skin’s microflora. When compared to the popular blemish combating ingredient salicylic acid, you will find that lactobacillus ferment can work faster at reducing any redness and size of active spots and breakouts. It is able to soothe and calm any inflammations without causing any dryness or stripping it of any vital oil it needs to remain healthy and balanced. It is also able to keep the skin’s barrier at its healthiest state resulting in it protecting itself from daily skin aggressors, such as pollution, overexposure to UV rays and cold weather.
Side effects of Lactobacillus Ferment
No known side effects reported yet, but it is still not a proven ingredient yet, meaning it still has to pass a number of studies before it is deemed completely safe for skin application.
Scientific evidence of Lactobacillus Ferment
- Journal of cosmetic science, Nov-Dec 2012, Physiological effect of a probiotic on skin