- Also known as Granactive Retinoid, HPR and Form of Retinoids
- Belongs to the “royal family” of skincare which are a collection of potent retinoids
- Binds directly to the retinoid receptors of the skin cells to enable it to work its magic
- Has similar results as active retinoic acid without the irritation
- HPR is a new form of retinoid and still needs extensive research
Who can use it?
Anyone who has consulted with a doctor or dermatologist to ensure it will be safe to use on the skin with no signs of irritation.
What is Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate?
As a member of the skincare royal family, hydoxypinacolone retinoate is able to provide the same results to the skin as retinoic acid when applied, without the irritation associated with 0.5% retinol. You can also expect to see a dramatic reduction in fine lines and wrinkles when applying 0.2% of HPR around the eye area for 14 days. There are also many promising claims in regards to collagen production, cell renewal and combating blemishes.
Side effects of Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate
Due to the fact the skin benefit claims are in fact from manufactures and do not have any scientific backing, the true results of hydroxypinacolone retinoate is yet to be fully understood so it would be advisable to seek the help of a doctor or dermatologist before applying it all over the skin.
Scientific evidence of Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate
- Ruth, N., and T. Mammone. "1310 Anti-aging effects of retinoid hydroxypinacolone retinoate on skin models." Journal of Investigative Dermatology 138.5 (2018): S223.
- Giornale italiano di dermatologia e venereologia, 2015 Apr;150(2):143-7., Treatment of mild to moderate acne with a fixed combination of hydroxypinacolone retinoate, retinol glycospheres and papain glycospheres.
- Giornale Italiano di Dermatologia e Venereologia, 2016/03, Efficacy and safety of a 12-month treatment with a combination of hydroxypinacolone retinoate and retinol glycospheres as maintenance therapy in acne patients after oral isotretinoin.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.