CAS #: 697235-49-7
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Benzoic Acid, 2-[[(3-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-1-Oxopropyl]Amino]-
- Also known as SymCalmin
- Contains high levels of anti-irritant and anti-itch molecules
- Known to mimic the effects of popular skin soothing extract, oat
- Can reduce itchiness significantly by 65%
- Contains antioxidant properties reducing the damage caused by free radicals
Who can use it?
Any skin type can use it, however, should you have any concerns you can consult your doctor or dermatologist for further advice.
What is Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid?
Known for providing the same anti-irritant, anti-itch and anti-inflammatory properties as avenanthraimides that naturally occur in oats. This results in the skin feeling comfortable and smooth and can effectively soothe any dryness or flakiness to the skin that frequently occurs during the colder months or for those who suffer with drying skin conditions, such as, eczema and dermatitis. This ingredient is nourishing and stable making it easily added into all manner of cosmetic products, from body creams to scalp health. Vast studies have shown hydroxyphenyl propamidobenzoic acid is so powerful it is able to reduce itchiness to the skin by 65% and redness is also significantly reduced by 50%, overall leaving the complexion balanced and nourished.
Side effects of Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid
None as this ingredient is very gentle on the skin. We do suggest performing a patch test before application for 24 hours before to avoid unwanted irritation.