CAS #: 1320-51-0 | EC #: 215-304-0
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Urea, (2-Hydroxyethyl)-
- Origin(s): Animal, Synthetic
- INCI name: HYDROXYETHYL UREA
- A derivative of Urea (yes, the same found in wee)
- Works as a strong moisturiser and humectant meaning it is able to lock water into the skin
- Shows similarities to glycerin but has a more pleasant feel on the skin
- Colorless and odorless it is easily formulated into skincare products
Who can use it?
Any skin type is able to use this ingredient as it delivers impressive hydrating benefits to the skin
What is Hydroxyethyl Urea
Hydroxyethyl Urea is synthetically derived from urea and is able to improve the overall look and feel of the complexion. With potent hydrating properties it can lock moisture into the skin keeping the outer layer of the skin moisturised and balanced at its healthiest state. When the barrier of the skin is replenished with the correct levels of water it is able to protect itself from damage that occurs when your skin comes into contact with UV rays, pollution, central heating and other environmental aggressors. Known for mimicking the popular ingredient glycerin it absorbs into the skin better and can be applied to the skin with no signs of sticky or tacky feeling.
Side effects of Hydroxyethyl Urea
No side effects known when using hydroxyethyl urea within your daily routine.