- CAS #: 92113-31-0 / 73049-73-7 | EC #: 295-635-5 / -
- Origin(s): Vegetable, Animal
- INCI name: HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN
- Hydrolyzed collagen is when the proteins in collagen are broke down into smaller parts such as amino acid or peptides
- You will quite often find these peptides and amino acids are easily dissolvable and found in health supplements
- Hydrolyzed collagen has been proven to increase skin hydration and elasticity giving a boost to the collagen density
- It is known that our bodies begin to produce one percent less collagen each year beginning at the age of twenty
Who can use it?
Everyone can benefit from hydrolyzed collagen as it is naturally occurring in the body.
What is Hydrolyzed Collagen?
Hydrolysis is the process of collagen becoming hydrolyzed collagen, this is basically the result of a chemical break down of the proteins into smaller parts, such as amino acids and peptides. These are easily dissolvable meaning they are the mainly found in the form of health supplements that you often need to mix into liquids. By intaking this form of collagen each day you are helping the body to combat the signs of ageing that are connected to the loss of collagen over time and the production of collagen beginning to slow down as we age. You will find that the skin’s hydration levels remain higher than before and the skin gains more elasticity reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Side effects of Hydrolyzed Collagen
Many types of collagen are derived from animal sources, such as bovine, chicken and fish. It is best to check the label and consult a doctor if you have any allergies of those ingredients or would prefer a vegetarian option.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.