- CAS number: 9004-61-9 – Hyaluronic acid
- Origin(s): Vegetable, Animal, Synthetic
- INCI name: HYALURONIC ACID
- Hyaluronic acid is a compound that is naturally occurring in the body
- Being a humectant is it able to draw in water from surrounding area and locks hydration into the skin
- Hyaluronic acid keeps the natural protective barrier of the skin fully functioning and able to combat free radical damage
- Can be teamed with all other active skin ingredients without causing any irritation
WHO CAN USE HYALURONIC ACID?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural compound that occurs in the body, this means every skin type will benefit from it being added into their daily skincare routine.
WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID?
Hyaluronic acid is produced in the body that can begin to decrease as we age meaning topical application can benefit the overall appearance of the skin. With its humectant properties, this clever acid is able to reduce the loss of moisture in the skin and can pull in extra from the surrounding areas and products applied to your face. With its ability of 1 gram of hyaluronic acid to hold the equivalent of 6 litre of water HA can replenish the skin’s natural barrier ensuring there are the correct levels of water resulting in the skin being able to combat any damage caused by free radicals, such as pollution, sun exposure, central heating and other environmental aggressors. This, therefore, leaves your skin looking hydrated, youthful and glowing with an all over radiant and healthy complexion.
SIDE EFFECTS OF HYALURONIC ACID
There are little known side effects when using HA, as long as you perform a patch test that is indicates your skin is happy to use the ingredient. You will also find that hyaluronic acid not only delivers impressive results when used on its own but will have notable impact on the performance of other skin ingredient you team with it, making this acid a multi-functioning all-rounder.
- Dermato-endocrinology, Jul 1, 2012, Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, January 2016, Rejuvenating Hydrator: Restoring Epidermal Hyaluronic Acid Homeostasis With Instant Benefits
- The Journal of investigative dermatology., 1999 Nov;113(5):740-6., Absorption of hyaluronan applied to the surface of intact skin.
- International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Volume 37 (4) – Aug 1, 2015, Stability determination of the formulations containing hyaluronic acid
- Journal of immunology, 2008 Aug 1, Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid Increases the Self-Defense of Skin Epithelium by Induction of β-Defensin 2 via TLR2 and TLR4
- SOFW Journal, 11-2008, M. Farwick, P. Lersch, G. Strutz (Evonik), Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid: Its Effects on Epidermal Gene Expression and Skin Ageing
- Journal of drugs in dermatology : JDD., 2011 Sep;10(9):990-1000., Efficacy of cream-based novel formulations of hyaluronic acid of different molecular weights in anti-wrinkle treatment.
- The Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology., 2012 Oct;5(10):20-3., Efficacy and safety of a low-molecular weight hyaluronic Acid topical gel in the treatment of facial seborrheic dermatitis.
- Journal of drugs in dermatology : JDD., June 2013 | Volume 12 | Issue 6, Efficacy and Tolerability of Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid Sodium Salt 0.2% Cream in Rosacea
- Journal of theoretical biology, 1986 Mar 21;119(2):219-34., A model for the role of hyaluronic acid and fibrin in the early events during the inflammatory response and wound healing.
- The Journal of clinical investigation., 1996 Nov 15;98(10):2403-13., Hyaluronan (HA) fragments induce chemokine gene expression in alveolar macrophages. The role of HA size and CD44
- American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology, 2011 October, Hyaluronan fragments promote inflammation by down-regulating the anti-inflammatory A2a receptor
- Immunol Res. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2014 Jul 22., Tissue integrity signals communicated by high-molecular weight hyaluronan and the resolution of inflammation
RELATED BLOG POSTS
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.