- CAS #: 24292-52-2 | EC #: 246-128-2
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: 2-Propen-1-One,1-[4-[[6-O-(6-Deoxy-Alfa-L-Mannopyranosyl)-Beta-D-Glucopyranosyl]Oxy]-2-Hydroxy-6-Methoxyphenyl]-3-(3-Hydroxy-4-Methoxyphenyl)-, (E)-
- Also known as Part of Eyeliss
- A common flavonoid found in lots of fruit and vegetables
- Studies have shown HMC to provide treatment for UVB induced skin inflammation
- Praised for its ability to combat under-eye bags
- Tests have shown it can reduce the appearance of capillary permeability making the complexion clear and even
Who can use it?
Anyone who does not show any signs of skin allergy when applying it onto the skin.
What is Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone?
The popular flavonoid Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone is mostly found in citrus fruits and is known for its ability to protect blood vessel when introduced into your diet. Its skincare benefits it displays impressive antioxidant abilities to treat any skin damage caused from overexposure to UV rays resulting in the skin becoming inflamed and showing various signs of premature ageing, loss of collagen and elasticity and generally looking dull and lack lustre. As part of the active ingredient complex called Eyeliss the main skin benefit this ingredient is mostly praised for is how effectively it can treat under-eye bags, which is why you will often find this ingredient in a number of eyecare formulations.
Side effects of Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone
None known due to the fact it can be used around the sensitive eye area, however precautionary action should still happen if you have a skin type that is particularly sensitive.
Scientific evidence of Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone
- Chemico-Biological Interactions, 25 February 2015, Protective effects of the flavonoid hesperidin methyl chalcone in inflammation and pain in mice: Role of TRPV1, oxidative stress, cytokines and NF-κB
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, Jul 1, 2015, Hesperidin methyl chalcone inhibits oxidative stress and inflammation in a mouse model of ultraviolet B irradiation-induced skin damage
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.