- CAS #: 520-26-3 | EC #: 208-288-1
- INCI name: HESPERIDIN
- An active compound found in the peel of citrus fruits
- Recent studies show impressive anti-inflammatory and antioxidants
- Can help provide repairing properties for any damage caused to the skin barrier
- Also contains emollient traits making it an easy and smooth ingredient to apply to the skin
Who can use it?
Every skin type once they have performed a patch test on the skin for 24 hours to prevent any skin irritation.
What is Hesperidin?
This active compound is derived from the membranes and peels of citrus fruits that carry a vast amount of skin benefits, from anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and skin-brightening. With any lasting damage caused by free radicals such as UV exposure, pollution or harsh chemicals Hespridin is also able to restore and repair the protective barrier. Not only will you find the signs of damage, such as fine lines, dark spots and pigmentation are notably reduced, you will also find the complexion is soothed with any flare-ups caused from breakouts such as spots, blackheads and other blemishes. There is also the additional benefit of hesperidin benefiting the cardiovascular function which not only helps with your overall health, but can also give the skin a helping hand in looking its best and most healthy.
Side effects of Hesperidin
Can often cause a number of side effects, such as abdominal pain and nausea when taken in supplement form so ensuring you seek the advise of a doctor is vital when introducing this ingredient into your daily routine.
Scientific evidence of Hesperidin
- Hou, Maihua, et al. "Topical hesperidin improves epidermal permeability barrier function and epidermal differentiation in normal murine skin." Experimental dermatology 21.5 (2012): 337-340.
- Zhang, Ru-zhi, et al. "Effect of hesperidin on B16 and HaCaT cell lines irradiated by Narrowband-UVB light." JOURNAL OF CLINICAL DERMATOLOGY-NANJING- 37.3 (2008): 146.
- Galati, E. M., et al. "Biological effects of hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid.(Note I): antiinflammatory and analgesic activity." Farmaco (Societa chimica italiana: 1989) 40.11 (1994): 709-712.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.