- CAS #: 8001-21-6 | EC #: 232-273-9
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 232-273-9
- Also known as sunflower oil, yes, the same one used to cook with!
- Evidence of this oil being used in skincare routines for thousands of years
- One of the most commonly used plant oils in skincare formulations
- Provides multiple skincare benefits for all skin types
Who can use it?
Everyone! Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil is an oil that can be used by all skin types.
What is Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil?
More commonly known as sunflower oil, helianthus annuus seed oil is a great emollient that can help make the skin feel smooth and hydrated. It is able to support the skin’s natural barrier and keep the surface of the skin protected from further damage often caused by free radicals. This is damage that is a result from exposure to UV rays and pollution that can cause imbalance to the outer surface of the skin and its barrier, packed with a potent selection of fatty acids it can be used on even those prone to frequent breakouts. After applying sunflower oil you will find it significantly speeds up recovery of the skin barrier and can have these results for 5 hours or longer after using it.
Side effects of Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
No known side effects when using helianthus annuus seed oil and it can be introduced into everyone’s skincare routine.
Scientific evidence of Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
- Darmstadt, G. L., et al. "Impact of topical oils on the skin barrier: possible implications for neonatal health in developing countries." Acta Paediatrica 91.5 (2002): 546-554.
- Leslie Baumann, MD, Cosmetic Dermatology, 2nd edition, Natural Oils, 274