- CAS #: 90-80-2 | EC #: 202-016-5
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: GLUCOSE
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 200-075-1
- Mainly found formulated into bath products, skincare and hair care products
- Acts as a humectant and skin-conditioning agent to hydrate the skin
- Can also act as a form of glycolic acid
- When used in raw form will exfoliate the skin ridding the top layer of dead skin cells
Who can use it?
Everyone can use it if they don’t show any signs of irritation or allergic reaction.
What is Glucose?
Glucose is the technical term for sugar, yep, the same one you put in your tea. Not only does it provide flavouring properties for lip care products, such as scrubs and balms, but it also contains humectant traits. This means it is able keep the skin hydrated and moisturised throughout the day by drawing in water and locking it into place. You will also find that glucose is a source of glycolic acid, the popular AHA adored for its exfoliating abilities to keep the skin looking youthful, healthy and full of bounce. It can also provide physical exfoliation when used in its raw form and applied on the skin.
Side effects of Glucose
If you suffer from diabetes you may find that using glucose topically on the skin can affect the insulin levels in your skin. This can then lead to the skin cells becoming effected with some rare cases of abnormality.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.