CAS #: 88122-99-0 | EC #: 402-070-1
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: Benzoic Acid, 4,4',4''-(1,3,5-Triazine-2,4,6-Triyltriimino)Tris-,Tris(2-Ethylhexyl) Ester; Octyl Triazone
- Cosmetic Restrictions: VI/15
- Also known as Uvinul T 150 and Octyltriazone
- Organic compound used in the sunscreen formulations
- Absorbs and protects from UVB radiation
- Only available in the UK and European countries due to sunscreens marked as cosmetic products, unlike US and FDA regulations
- Oil soluble and odourless
Who can use it?
Anyone who does not have an allergy to sunscreen and other related skin ingredients.
What is Ethylhexyl Triazone?
Ethylhexyl triazone is a modern-day chemical sunscreen that provides the highest protection from sun damage caused by exposure to UVB sun rays. The photostable absorption abilities of this ingredient are extremely high and can combat any UV filters that come in contact with the skin throughout the day. The full level of protection delivered from ethylhexyl triazone are between 280-320nm which makes it one of the highest available. ET is also praised for its capability to be formulated into all sunscreen formulations due to the fact it is odourless, colourless and oil soluble. Frequently used in UK and European sunscreens due to the difference in regulations compared to the FDA procedures in the US.
Side effects of Ethylhexyl Triazone
No known side effects, however if you do have sensitive skin or a tendency to be allergic to other sunscreen seek the advice of a doctor or dermatologist.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.