CAS #: 68797-35-3 | EC #: 272-296-1Chemical/IUPAC Name: .Alpha.-D-Glucopyranosiduronic Acid, (3.Beta.,20.Beta.)-20-Carboxy-11-Oxo-30-Norolean-12-En-3-Yl 2-O-.Beta.-D-Glucopyranuronosyl-, Dipotassium Salt
- INCI name: DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 272-296-1
- Also known as Licorice
- Skin conditioning ingredient that can improve the appearance of dry, damaged skin
- Derived from licorice root extract native to areas of India
- Used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years because of its soothing effects on the skin
- Can function as an emulsifier and can help mix water and oil together
Who can use it?
Anyone who has shown no signs of irritation or allergic reaction to the ingredient.
What is Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate?
Derived from the licorice root extact, dipotassium glycyrrhizate has a vast history of providing deeply nourishing skin conditioning with clinical studies showing it to be an effective treatment for atopic dermatitis or eczema due to the fact it is able to reduce redness and irritation. Containing anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe the skin you will also find this ingredient can help regulate sebum making it an effective skincare ingredient for a variety of skin concerns, including acne and blemish flare-ups. Not only that, but you will also find pigmentation is also reduced with licorice root extract considered one of the safest skin lightening agents available on the market with the least amount of side effects.
Side effects of Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate
No known unless you have a specific allergy to the ingredient itself, which is why it’s advisable to seek the advice of a doctor or dermatologist if you have any concerns.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.