- CAS number: 70955-25-8 / 89998-01-6
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: CUCUMIS SATIVUS SEED OIL
- EINECS/ELINCS number: - / 289-738-4
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Cucumber Oil
- Every part of the cucumber delivers impressive skin results
- Contains high levels of linoleic acid, oleic acid and vitamin E
- Absorbs quickly and easily into the skin
- Delivers huge amounts of moisturisation
Who can use it?
Cucumis sativus seed oil will benefit all skin types as it hydrates and moisturises the skin.
What is Cucumis Sativus Seed Oil?
Despite the high volume of water in cucumber, you’ll be surprised to hear that the seeds themselves contain huge amounts of fatty acids and emollient properties giving the skin a boost in nourishment and hydration, especially with the help from the vitamin E traits found in the seeds too. Mostly found as cold pressed formulas Cucumis sativus seed oil offers astringent, nutritive and calming properties as well as feeling refreshing and soothing on the skin, which is why you would find extracts of this vegetable in face creams and after sun products. Another main benefit of cucumber seed oil is the use of scent which is prominent in both oil and water-based products. Favoured by many for remaining fresh and never turning heavy or tiring over time, but instead lingers on the skin in a light, pleasant way.
Side effects of Cucumis Sativus Seed Oil?
There have been no reports of severe side effects when using Cucumis Sativus Seed Oil, but I would advise performing a 24 hour patch test to avoid any unwanted irritation or allergic reaction.