- CAS number: 90244-99-8
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: CITRULLUS LANATUS FRUIT EXTRACT
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 290-802-9
- Also known as Watermelon Fruit Extract)
- Contains high levels of vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Rich in potent levels of antioxidants
- Studies prove it can help protect the skin from UV exposure
- Packed with precious moisture to restore the skin’s youthful bounce
Who can use it?
Suitable for all skin types, particularly those prone to blemishes, redness and flaking patches of dry skin.
What is Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract?
You may not be surprised to hear that Citrullus lanatus fruit extract is extremely hydrating for the skin, seeing as the extract is made up of water by 96% it’s also packed full of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, all of which provide impressive skin results. The complexion is restored and rejuvenated with the beginning signs of ageing, such as fine lines, expression lines and crow’s feet becoming less visible. Thanks to the antioxidant benefits any skin damage caused from overexposure to free radical harm, such as UV rays, pollution, central heating and other skin stresses leaving you with a skin that is glowing with its natural protective barrier healthy and fully functioning. Many studies have shown this ingredient to provide significant protection against UV damage with formulas containing the extract to increase skin protection by 25%.
Side effects of Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract
No major side effects when introducing this ingredient into your skincare routine, however, we always recommend performing a patch test on the forearm for 24 hours before applying it all over the skin.
Scientific evidence of Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract
- Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 24 (3) – May 1, 2011, Bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities of different watermelon (Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.) Mansfeld) cultivars as affected by fruit sampling area