- CAS number: 244023-79-8
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT
- Also known as Carrageenan Extract and Seaweed Extract
- Able to regulate oil production, exfoliates and brightens the skin
- Contains a lot of hydrating benefits and can be used to help those suffering from acne and rosacea flare-ups
- Can provide improvement when used alone or combined with other skin ingredients
- Known as one of the most potent and powerful naturally sourced ingredients added into skincare formulations
Who can use it?
There have been no signs of skin irritation for any skin types, however for peace of mind, especially if your skin is sensitive it is best to consult with a trained professional to ensure this is the best ingredient for you.
What is Chondrus Crispus Extract?
More commonly known as seaweed, Chondrus Crispus Extract is enriched in dense concentrates of essential minerals, amino acids, peptides and vitamins that all plan vital roles in keeping your skin at its healthiest state. It carries with it a multitude of skin benefits from regulating the oil production of the skin, healing flare-ups in rosacea, locking moisture into the skin diminishing signs of fine lines and wrinkles and giving the complexion an all-over luminous finish by exfoliating the build-up of dead skin cells.
Side effects of Chondrus Crispus Extract
None expressed that have a negative impact on the general health and appearance of the skin. Always ensure you perform a patch test on the inside of your forearm to check there are no allergies or skin irritation.