- CAS #: 72968-43-5 | EC #: 277-140-6 (I)
- INCI name: CERAMIDE NP
- One of the many types of ceramides found in the outer layer of the skin
- Plays a vital role of keeping the skin barrier hydrated and healthy
- Works effectively combined with other ceramides, such as ceramide 1
- Can restore balance back into the skin and target problem areas of dryness caused by environmental damage
Who can use it?
As ceramides are natural occurring in the skin all skin types will benefit from using skincare formulas containing active levels of ceramides.
What is Ceramide NP?
Ceramides are found in the outer layers of the skin and play a vital role ensuring there are the correct amount of lipids that are lost throughout the day after the skin is exposed to environmental aggressors. Studies have shown that once we reach our 30s you are likely to have lost 40% of the body’s naturally occurring ceramides. For this reason, it is important to ensure you introduce a ceramide-rich formulas into your daily routines. Not only will you combat signs of ageing, but will ensure the skin barrier is functioning correctly allowing it to protect the skin, improve moisture and prevent any flakiness.
Side effects of Ceramide NP
No known side effects when using ceramide NP in your daily skincare routine.
Scientific Evidence of Ceramide NP
- Huang, Huey‐Chun, and Tsong‐Min Chang. "Ceramide 1 and ceramide 3 act synergistically on skin hydration and the transepidermal water loss of sodium lauryl sulfate‐irritated skin." International journal of dermatology 47.8 (2008): 812-819.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.