- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: CENTELLA ASIATICA LEAF EXTRACT
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 283-640-5
- Rich in amino acids, fatty acids and beta carotene
- Can help calm inflammation, speed wound healing and stimulate new cell growth
- Traces of its benefits have been dated back to prehistoric man due to its skin healing properities
- Known as the potential herbal cure-all ingredient
Who can use it?
Everyone with every skin type as it is a natural and gentle ingredient, ensuring of course there are no signs of allergies.
What is Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract?
Found in the tropical swamps of India, and Southeast Asia this herb may be a new face in the western world beauty industry, it has an ancient history of being used in home remedies. From skin rashes to treating leprosy it contains huge amounts of amino acids, vitamins, terpenoids and flavonoids. Centella asiatica leaf extract (named cica throughout skincare brands) is able to hydrate the skin, increases the production of collagen and also acts as an antioxidant that helps calm the skin and protect it from free radical damage, such as pollution, exposure to UV rays and other environmental aggressors. Over time you’ll find there is a notable improvement in the overall appearance of the skin with fine lines and wrinkles reduced, skin becomes firmer and skin is left feeling hydrated.
Side effects of Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract
No known side effects when using centella asiatica leaf extract, but if there are any signs of irritation you must stop using the product immediately.