- CAS #: 225234-12-8
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- One of the lesser known but most potent skincare oils
- Enriched in fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid and nourishing properties
- Known for repairing skin damage and severe dryness to the skin
- Works wonderfully well when teamed with other skin ingredients and face oils
Who can use it?
Everyone, especially those with a dry and dehydrated skin type.
What is Borago Officinalis Seed Oil?
Found in the borago officinalis plant native to the Mediterranean, the entire plant is praised for its skin and health benefits, this golden yellow oil is packed with every form of fatty acid, omega-6, gamma-linolenic acid to name a few. Often found in a pure oil form, or blended as part of a serum, moisturiser and nourishing cleanser this oil can treat those with severe dry skin and certain skin conditions such as rosacea and eczema. Those who also suffer from problematic skin will find there is a 25% reduction in microcomedones, which are the clogged pores that develop into active spots. It can work wonders when applied on its own or teamed with other beneficial oils such as olive, sweet almond and linseed, often dubbed a dry oil meaning it can rapidly absorb into the skin resulting in it instantly becoming soothed and healthy.
Side effects of Borago Officinalis Seed Oil
No known side effects when using borago officinalis seed oil correctly in your skincare routine.