- CAS #: 515-69-5 / 23089-26-1 | EC #: 208-205-9 / 245-423-3
- Origin(s): Vegetal, Synthetic
- INCI name: BISABOLOL
- Also known as Alpha-Bisabolol
- One of the active parts of Chamomile
- Colourless oil that is often used as an essential oil
- Can combat first signs of ageing, such as fine lines and expression lines
- Can soothe irritated skin and acts as a potent antioxidant
Who can use it?
Generally considered ok to use on some skin types, however any concerns it is best to consult a doctor or dermatologist to avoid any unwanted irritation especially if you have a dry and sensitive skin type.
What is Bisabolol
Bisabolol is a natural ingredient used in many cosmetics and skincare products generally used as fragrance but also offers several other skin benefits from combating signs of ageing, reducing the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation as well as providing antioxidant properties for the skin. With many studies of this ingredient proves there is a lot for it to offer, the soothing properties help improve the condition of the skin with help from anti-inflammatories and restore balance to the natural protective barrier and reversing any damage caused to the outer layer of the skin. You will also find bisabolol is often formulated with active ingredients to allow them to penetrate into the lower layers more effectively.
Side effects of Bisabolol
No known side effects but those with sensitive skin should keep in mind that there can be some irritation.
Scientific Evidence of Bisabolol
- Kamatou, Guy PP, and Alvaro M. Viljoen. "A review of the application and pharmacological properties of α‐Bisabolol and α‐Bisabolol‐rich oils." Journal of the American oil chemists' society 87.1 (2010): 1-7.