- CAS #: 107-43-7 | EC #: 203-490-6
- Origin(s): Vegetable, Synthetic
- INCI name: BETAINE
- Classification: Quaternary ammonium cation
- Acts as a gentle hydrator that helps your skin maintain moisture
- Formulated in a number of skin, hair care products as well as supplements
- Aids hydration to the skin by effectively filling in the creases of deep-set wrinkles
- Contains anti-irritant properties to soothe and calm the skin and protect from further damage
Who can use it?
Anyone can use Betaine, but if you have a particularly sensitive skin type it is best to double check with a doctor or dermatologist to ensure it will be the right ingredient for your routine.
What is Betaine?
Derived from sugar beet, this amino acid is packed with osmolyte, a special molecule that helps control cell-water balance. This basically means that Betaine can keep the skin moisturised and hydrated which overtime can help the skin protect itself from any outer aggressors, such as pollution, harsh weather and exposure to UV rays. Betaine is able to make its way into the lower layers of the skin into the creases of deep-set wrinkles resulting in the skin’s texture becoming smoother, plumped with a youthful bounce. You can expect this ingredient to be found in cleanser and moisturisers as it remains gentle on the skin without causing too much irritation.
Side effects of Betaine
No reported side effects when using Betaine correctly in various formulas.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.