- CAS #: 84012-26-0 | EC #: 281-672-4
- Origin(s): Vegetal
- INCI name: AVENA SATIVA KERNEL EXTRACT
- Classification: Gluten
- Also known as Oat Kernel Extract and Collodial Oatmeal
- Oats are packed with compounds that are good for the body, such as beta-glucan, lipids and omega-3 and fatty acids.
- Contains high volumes of skin-protecting and soothing properties
- In the US colloidal oats are considered an active ingredient when found in skincare formulations
- Those with dry, irritated and eczema-prone skin will benefit the most from this ingredient in their routine
Who can use it?
Anyone can use Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, however those with severe dryness and eczema-prone will see the most benefits from using it in their routine.
What is Avena Sativa Kernel Extract?
Derived from the Latin word for the common oat, this ingredient has been praised for its unique and effective abilities to provide nourishing benefits for the skin. Packed with antioxidants it is able to reduce inflammation on the surface of the skin with the extract forming a barrier and promotes water-binding polysaccharides which locks water and hydration into the giving it a boost of hydration and helps maintain the skin’s pH balance. By bringing the highest levels of hydration to the skin you will find the barrier is fully functioning making it able to protect itself fully from exposure to UV damage, pollution, harsh weather conditions and other free radical damage. The skin soothing abilities of Avena sativa kernel extract is highly effective for those prone to eczema and other sever skin dryness.
Side effects of Avena Sativa Kernel Extract
No known side effects when using Avena Sativa Kernel Extract in your daily skincare routine.
Scientific Evidence of Avena Sativa Kernel Extract
- Singh, Rajinder, Subrata De, and Asma Belkheir. "Avena sativa (Oat), a potential neutraceutical and therapeutic agent: an overview." Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 53.2 (2013): 126-144.
- Pacifico, Alessia, et al. "Clinical trial on Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion in patients with itching accompanied by skin lesions and xerosis." Journal Of Applied Research In Clinical And Experimental Therapeutics 5.2 (2005): 325.
- Michelle Garay, M. S., M. B. A. Judith Nebus, and B. A. Menas Kizoulis. "Anti-inflammatory activities of colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) contribute to the effectiveness of oats in treatment of itch associated with dry, irritated skin." Journal of drugs in dermatology 14.1 (2015): 43-48.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.