- CAS #: 129499-78-1 | EC #: 425-980-0
- Chemical/IUPAC Name: 2-O-Alpha-D-Glucopyranosyl-L-Ascorbic Acid
- INCI name: ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE
- A derivative of the popular and well-loved ingredient vitamin C
- Known for being the most stable and easy to formulate
- Clinical studies have shown Ascorbyl Glucoside is the most effective at absorbing into the skin
- Packed with antioxidants, collagen boosting properties and fading hyperpigmentation
Who can use it?
All skin types can use it if they have performed a patch test and found there to be no side effects or allergic reactions after applying it onto the skin.
What is Ascorbyl Glucoside?
A popular derivative of the well-loved vitamin C, Ascorbyl Glucoside is praised for being effective to the skin due to the fact that it is very stable and formulates easily into skincare products. You will find it contains three potent anti-ageing benefits, such as helping the skin boost its production of collagen, fading any signs of hyperpigmentation and dark spots as well as providing antioxidant benefits meaning the skin is able to combat any exposure to free radical damage that occurs on a daily basis. Ascorbyl Glucoside is one of the most promising derivatives of vitamin C, however there are still studies underway to determine the extent of how effective it is compared to vitamin C.
Side effects of Ascorbyl Glucoside
No known side effects, however if used incorrectly or on the wrong skin type can cause irritation.
Scientific Evidence of Ascorbyl Glucoside
- Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Volume 11 (4) – Dec 1, 2012, Stability, transdermal penetration, and cutaneous effects of ascorbic acid and its derivatives