- CAS number: 223747-87-3 ; 299184-75-1
- Argan kernel oil
Who can use it?
Everyone due to the high levels of nourishing and moisturising properties of the oil.
- Argania spinosa kernel oil contains very high amounts of fatty acids making it one of the most nourishing oils
- Its more commonly known as argan oil
- Harvesting the oil is a long and hard process
- It contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties helping to correct any damage caused by free radicals and other skin aggressors
What is Argania spinosa kernel oil?
Argania spinosa kernel oil is more commonly known as argan oil which over the years has a collected a strong following of fans, especially when the oil is formulated into popular skin and hair care products. The harvest of Argania spinosa kernel oil is a long and painstaking due to the fact the trees are slow growing and extracting the oil from the nuts is very time consuming, this is probably why it has been dubbed “liquid gold of Morocco.” It contains high levels of fatty acids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to name a few leaving your skin feeling hydrated and healthy with help at combating collagen-damaging free radicals caused from exposure to UV rays, pollution and central heating. Scars and pigmentation are also treated using Argania spinosa kernel oil not to mention the marked improvement in skin elasticity.
Side effects of Argania spinosa kernel oil
When Argania spinosa kernel oil is applied topically onto the skin there have been some side effects, such as a rash and frequent breakout in spots and acne. Another skin reaction could also occur if there is an allergy to tree nut due to the fact the oil is extracted from the fruit stone.
- European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, Apr 1, 2011, Argan oil and other argan products: Use in dermocosmetology
- European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, Jul 1, 2008, Argan oil: Occurrence, composition and impact on human health
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.