- CAS number: 223747-79-3
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: AMARANTHUS CAUDATUS SEED EXTRACT
- Also known as Amaranth Seed Extract
- Has been used for thousands of years, with the Aztecs being the first to grow and harvest the grain
- Contains high levels of squalene making it extremely hydrating for the skin
- Enriched in anti-inflammatory benefits that has been used to treat psoriasis
- Promotes skin regeneration helping to strengthen the outer skin layers
Who can use it?
Anyone who performs a patch test for 24 hours to ensure there is no signs of irritation or allergy.
What is Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract?
The Aztecs used this ingredient as one of their main food sources and dubbed it as “the golden grain”. Believed to have supernatural powers the health benefits of this ingredient are still known and appreciated today. Amaranthus provides optimal care for those who suffer from severe dryness and can help strengthen the skin barrier by penetrating down into the lower layers locking moisture into the skin. It also contains the unique of ability to absorb UV rays and reduces any light-induced stress that can occur on the surface of the skin, such as dark spots and pigmentation resulting in it being a powerhouse antioxidant.
Side effects of Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract
No reports of side effects to the skin, as amaranthus caudatus seed extract mimics the composition of the skin and can be applied to all skin types. Should you have any concerns you can seek the advice of a doctor or dermatologist.