- CAS number: 92128-82-0 / 68917-51-1
- INCI name: ALGAE EXTRACT
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 295-780-4 / -
- Comedogenic potential (pc): 5
- Bio-compatible (COSMOS Reference)
- Known as a multipurpose skin ingredient and can provide a number of benefits
- Has been formulated into products for over 50 years
- The name “algae” is used by law to be included on the packaging of products and can stand for a vast variety of types of algae
- One of the few skincare ingredients that provide benefits for all skin concerns and skin types
Who can use it?
Everyone can benefit from algae being introduced into their daily skincare routine. We do still suggest performing a patch test for 24 hours to avoid any unwanted skin reactions or allergies.
What is Algae?
Not all skincare ingredients are praised for their ability to be used by everyone, however algae can in fact provide all manner of benefits. Much like the algae you find in the ocean (but grown and harvested differently) there are huge amount so of varieties used in skincare formulations making it quite impossible to determine which one your products contain. Luckily, they all provide impressive results, from antioxidants properties, helping to moisturise the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, boosting collagen and elastin production in the lower layers of the skin and finally restoring the skin’s health due to the fact it was packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Side effects of Algae
No major side effects known, however due to the fact there are such as vast collection of algae extracts used in skincare products, it is best to consult a dermatologist to have peace of mind.