- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: ALEURITES MOLUCCANA SEED OIL
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Kukui Nut Oil
- Found in Hawaii and has been traditionally used to soothe sunburn
- Contains pain reducing and wound healing properties
- Rich in essential fatty acids
- Known for as a non-comedogenic which means it doesn’t clog pores
Who can use it?
Everyone! All skin types are able to use this ingredient in their skincare routine.
What is Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil?
Extracted from the candlenut tree found on Hawaiian islands, the Aleurites moluccana seed oil is used in various cosmetic products, from bath lotion, skincare, hair care and shaving preparations. Enriched in fatty acids and vitamins such as E, C and A, the oil nourishes the skin deeply without leaving behind a greasy residue. With linoleic and omega-3 in the mix dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis are significantly reduced with growth of new skin cells are promoted, helping to support the skin by making it strong, restored and deeply nourished. Aleurites moluccana seed oil also provides anti-ageing benefits by boosting the production of collagen, stimulate cell turnover and reduce the appearance of fine lines, expression lines and wrinkles- particularly around areas such as the eyes and forehead.
Side effects of Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil
No known side effects when introducing this Hawaiian treat to your daily skincare routine.
Scientific Evidence of Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil
- H Ako, N Kong, A Brown - Industrial Crops and Products, 2005, Fatty acid profiles of kukui nut oils over time and from different sources