CAS number: 302-72-7 / 56-41-7
- INCI name: ALANINE
- EINECS/ELINCS number: 206-126-4 / 200-273-8
- Food additive: E639
- Known as non-essential amino acid.
- Is a non-polar molecule meaning it has no positive or negative charge and is evenly distributed
- Can help balance moisture levels on the outer layers of the skin surface
- Is synthetically produced for skincare formulations but can obtained through diet, such as fish, eggs, beans, nuts and seeds
Who can use it?
Any skin type that doesn’t show any signs of skin irritation when it is applied to the skin during your daily regime.
What is Alanine?
This ingredient is an amino acid that is naturally occurring in the body, or quite often, obtained through your diet. It’s importance in the skin structure is vital for maintaining a healthy, fully functioning skin with the help of alanine as the building blocks of proteins, combining with epidermal cells to reduce visible lines and wrinkles. The end result is a smoother appearance of the overall complexion with moisture levels completely full in the outer surface of the skin barrier with the natural moisturising factor (NMF) binding water keeping the skin nicely hydrated and comfortable. There is also a boost in collagen and elastin production leaving you with a youthful, hydrated, plumper looking face.
Side effects of Alanine
No known side effects when using a product containing alanine during your daily skincare routine.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.