- It is known as a cell-communicating ingredient
- It can help repair damage caused on the skin’s protective barrier
- It can help improve the thickness of hair and increase its growth
- It contains anti-inflammatory properties
- It can combat signs of ageing by improving the skin firmness and elasticity whilst boosting collagen production
Who can use it?
Adenosine is naturally occurring in the body meaning it is safe to use for everyone after they have been given the all-clear from a doctor or trained professional.
What is Adenosine?
Adenosine is a compound found in the body that brings with it a multitude of benefits for the skin. Not only does it help with the health and thickness of your hair, but it also has a talent of cell communicating making it an important and highly effective ingredient especially when it is formulated into skincare products. With Adenosine taking on its cell-signalling role it is able to stimulate the skin and boost the production of collagen which helps improve the overall appearance and firmness of the face, with any signs of skin sagging being reversed. It also contains an anti-inflammatory agent allowing it to soothe the skin and repair any damage caused to the skin barrier after it comes into contact with all manner of free radicals and other environmental aggressors.
Side effects of Adenosine
Although it is a powerful skin ingredient there are some side effects that can occur if used incorrectly. Always ensure you have checked that your skin is happy with any product application before smearing it all over the skin.
- Journal of Investigative Dermatology, (2012) 132, 526–546, Purinergic Signaling in Healthy and Diseased Skin
- International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Volume 28 (6) – Dec 1, 2006, Evaluation of anti‐wrinkle efficacy of adenosine‐containing products using the FOITS technique
- J Invest Dermatol 119: 1034-1040 (2002)., P2X purinergic receptor antagonist accelerates skin barrier repair and prevents epidermal hyperplasia induced by skin barrier disruption.
- J Invest Dermatol, 129: S67 (2009)., Adenosine is effective on hair diameter and hair density of male pattern hair loss in Caucasian
- Int J Cosmet Sci. 2006 Dec; 28(6): 447-51., Evaluation of anti-wrinkle efficacy of adenosine-containing products using the FOITS technique.