- Famous for being the peptide marketed as “botox in a jar”
- Known as the ingredient that gives you short term results in anti-ageing properties
- Studies have shown it to reduce wrinkles around the eye area by 17%
- Synthetically derived and used in a wide range of skincare and makeup products
Who can use it?
Anyone who performs a patch test for 24 hours before applying over the skin to avoid any skin irritation or allergic reaction.
What is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8?
This peptide delivers impressive results when targeting fine lines and wrinkles with water-binding properties to help restore the skin’s health and make the barrier full functioning. There have been an extensive amount of studies showing the results of this peptide can decrease the appearance of wrinkles, particularly around the eye area by mimicking the same effects as injectable Botox. The only difference is the fact acetyl hexapeptide-8 cannot reach further down the skin than the outer layers making the smooth, line results only temporary as the ingredient is not able to penetrate into the lower layers of the skin where formation of expression lines are made.
Side effects of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8
Can cause some irritation if the skin is more sensitive. The “quick fix” results may be ideal for many, however some may feel it does not belong in their daily routine, instead opting for potent and active skin ingredients to combat any concerns to the skin.
- Ruiz, M. A., et al. "Evaluation of the anti-wrinkle efficacy of cosmetic formulations with an anti-aging peptide (Argireline®)." Ars pharm 50.4 (2010): 168-176.
- Wang, Yuan, et al. "The Anti-Wrinkle Efficacy of Argireline, a Synthetic Hexapeptide, in Chinese Subjects." American journal of clinical dermatology 14.2 (2013): 147-153.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
TRY OUR BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.