- CAS number: 879496-95-4 ; 861902-11-6; 906351-38-0
- Origin(s): Vegetable
- INCI name: EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT OIL
- Classification: Vegetable oil
- Also known as Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil
- Acai berries originate from the Amazon rainforest
- Known for containing more than 95% more antioxidants than other well-known superfoods
- Help to protect the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Provide anti-inflammatory benefits and can combat spots and breakouts
Who can use it?
Anyone who does not show any signs of skin irritation or reaction when using the acia berries in your diet or skincare routine.
What is Acai?
The acai berries are a popular superfood often found in smoothies and other healthy recipes, however they provide more skin benefits due to the high levels of antioxidants, such as vitamin C, fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties to name a few. Enriched in vitamin C you will find that dark spots and sun damage are reduced and provide further protection to exposure to harmful UV rays. You will also find that acai is able to boost the collagen production of the skin making fine lines and wrinkles less visible and give the skin a more youthful and plump appearance.
Containing ten times the amount of antioxidants then blueberries, acai berries can shield the skin from further free radical damage, such as pollution, central heating and other environmental aggressors. Those of you with blemish-prone skin will also find the anti-inflammatory benefits will reduce the size and redness of any active spots and blemishes helping them to heal more quickly.
Side effects of Acai
No known side effects when using this in your diet and skincare routine, however should you have any concerns it is best to consult a doctor or dermatologist for more advice.