Old is the goal, or so the famous saying goes. But you wouldn’t be blamed for not wanting to actually look old which is why we are here to today to share with you our advice on how to get rid of wrinkles around your mouth.
What causes deep lines around the mouth?
Commonly known as laugher lines, you will see them as vertical lines that start at the sides of your nose and down towards the outer corners of the mouth, some may also continue down to the chin. There are two common types of these lines called nasolabial crease and the nasolabial fold, you may find that a few people have nasolabial creases at a young age and so isn’t really considered a factor of ageing, but they can deeper as the years tick by.
There is no escaping these lines, unless you decided to stop talking, or eating for that matter as these wrinkles develop from the motion and movement of using your mouth. There are some lifestyle choices and other factors that can increase their visibility too such as:
- Poor nutrition
- Sun damage
In this next part, we will share with you the best ways of preventing and reducing the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth.
Can wrinkles go away?
Absolutely! But it does take some time and a bit of effort for them to go away. Here are some important steps to include in your skincare and daily routine to help get rid of wrinkles;
- Wear a daily SPF- By protecting the skin daily with an SPF you will prevent UVA reaching the skin and causing fine lines and wrinkles to develop. Always remember to use an SPF even on a cloudy day too as UVA is constantly present.
- Exfoliate the skin- While exfoliating the skin alone won’t get rid of wrinkles completely, you will find the skin is smoother and has more glow resulting in fine lines and wrinkles becoming reduced.
- Cleanse the skin daily- Ensuring your skin is cleansed of any makeup and bacteria picked up throughout your day you will allow your skin to remain balanced, healthy and with great clarity.
- Use the best ingredients for your skin type- It is important to ensure you are using ingredients that best suit your skin type. Before trying any new products you must understand which skin type you are, such as dry, oily or combination, and then suit your skincare routine to see results quicker.
- Try a using an AHA- Citric acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, whichever you decide to choose to add an AHA into your routine will help increase the skin cell turnover resulting in any wrinkles will become less visible.
- Add hyaluronic acid to your routine- Extremely hydrating for the skin It will leave it feeling comfortable and looking youthful, plumped and smoothed.
- Try vitamin C- Vitamin C will work wonders for the entire complexion, not just wrinkles around the mouth.
You can also take some time to consider and research if derma filler and other cosmetic procedures would be better suited for you. This decision is completely up to you and always advisable to consult a professional and experienced medical professional.
What is the best treatment for deep wrinkles on upper lip?
For deep wrinkles around the upper lip there are a few treatments and procedures to consider;
- Chemical Peel- With a professional medical-grade chemical peel you will find the skin is resurfaced allowing fresh, new skin to be exposed and the layer of dead skin is removed resulting in wrinkles and fine lines becoming less visible.
- Microneedling- This involves a device used to roll pins across the skin which tricks the skin into thinking it is damaged and so boosts the production of collagen resulting in wrinkles becoming filled out and the complexion looks smoother.
- Derma Fillers- You can find derma fillers that contain hyaluronic acid that hydrates the skin making it appear more plumped and younger
- Face Lift- For more extreme cases there is the option for having a facelift, this decision shouldn’t be taken lightly and a lot of time and consideration should be taken before undergoing this surgery.
Some of these options are temporary and you need to keep in mind that if you enjoy the results then you must expect to repeat the procedure every 6 months or so.
How can I get rid of wrinkles around my mouth naturally?
Applying diluted essential oils twice a day around the mouth area will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, these essentials oils have many benefits for the skin that you can consider using.
- Lemon- packed with antioxidants it will protect the skin from any free radicals and other environmental stresses the skin encounters on a daily basis. Be sure not to apply any before any exposure to the sun to avoid dun damage.
- Frankincense- will help to increase the cell turnover of the skin making it look more youthful and glowing.
There are also plant oils that will hugely benefit the skin and research have shown to contain essential fatty acids which help to promote elasticity back to the skin and restore its firmness. The following are highly effective to use on the skin twice a day when applied topically on any areas you want to treat:
- Coconut oil
- Castor oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
There you have some advice on how to get rid of deep wrinkles around the mouth. Should you decide to turn to the natural route, seek help from a healthcare professional or take the time to focus on building a wrinkle-fighting skincare routine, the main point to remember is to try and maintain a healthy lifestyle and make sure you never stop laughing with your loved ones.
What Is the Best Oil for Your Hair?
What Is Zinc And What Are Its Skincare Benefits?
How Many Types Of Hyaluronic Acid Are There?
What Is Glycerin And What Are Its Skincare Benefits?
Skincare Advice During Pregnancy
How Do You Deep Clean Your Pores?
What Is Aloe Vera And What Are Its Skincare Benefits?
Which Anti-Pollution Mask is Best?
What is The Best Lip Treatment for Dry Lips?
What Is Bakuchiol and What Are Its Skincare Benefits?
What is Marula Oil and What Are It’s Skincare Benefits?
What Does EGCG Do For Skin?
BEST-SELLING SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling skincare products.
BEST-SELLING BODYCARE PRODUCTS
Treat your skin today with one of our best-selling bodycare products.